Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th Annual Back on My Feet 20 in 24

As some of you may know I originally set out to do some fundraising with my Ironman. I had everything worked out to raise money for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, but unfortunately things fell through on Ironman's end with charity work this year. As a result I haven't done any charity races this year.

Back on My Feet is an organization that works people living in homeless facilities through running. This year is the fourth year for the BoMF 20 in 24 relay race. At Marita's birthday party a few weeks ago she approached me about (read: strong-armed) being the 5th and final member of her team. Team Just For Fun is a gold level team which means we'll each be running three 8.4 mile loops on the Schuylkill River running loop downtown near the art museum. We start on Saturday, July 17th and take turns running until our team reaches the 126 miles we signed up to cover. We'll camp out, eat, sleep and run in all conditions until we finish.

So, to the fundraising part. I'm trying to raise $250 to cover my registration fee and make this great organization some extra money. Your donations are tax deductible as well. Please considering donating to this cause.


Thank you for your help.

- Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment